JoopeA Foundation is an international, multidisciplinary not for profit organization. There will be people speaking multiple languages and using terms from various fields of study. English will often be the language we are using, and people who are fluent English speakers will have an advantage over less fluent English speakers. Persian would be our second common language as JoopeA Group has been raised from Iran originally. JoopeA’s members can provide information in Dutch too.
We encourage all participants to approach the event with open and positive attitudes, and to engage constructively with others at all times.
Please see our full Code of Conduct for more information.
Together, we can make sure that we don’t miss out on valuable insights from our amazing participants:
1. Speak clearly and at a moderate pace.
2. Be an active listener, and be patient with people who are speaking their second language.
3. Avoid jargon. Assume that people don’t use the same terms, and explain them.
4. Address the idea, don’t attack the person.
5. Disagreements happen; it’s okay to walk away from a conversation that isn’t fruitful or is becoming tense.
6. Your personal choice of technology doesn’t fit all users’ needs. There is space for different devices, software, tools, operating systems, programming languages, and licenses. Focus discussions on tools, whether closed source and commercially supported or open source, on the needs of users.
7. If you do not like a solution someone else is proposing, explain why, and state an alternative.
8. If you aren’t having success on your own, ask for help from the session leader if you are in a session.
Please don’t hesitate to report any misbehavior to [email protected]