We encourage all participants to approach the foundation with open and positive attitudes, and to engage constructively with others at all times. It is vital that discussions include many different opinions and experiences, so we do not tolerate any kind of harassment.
We will take action in response to harassment related to national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical characteristics, disability, religion, and age.
Guide to Communication
JoopeA Foundation is an international, multidisciplinary not for profit organization. There will be people speaking multiple languages and using terms from various fields of study. English will often be the language we are using, and people who are fluent English speakers will have an advantage over less fluent English speakers. Persian would be our second common language as JoopeA Group has been raised from Iran originally. JoopeA’s member can provide information in Dutch too.
We encourage all participants to approach the event with open and positive attitudes, and to engage constructively with others at all times.
Please see our full Guide to Communication for details and guidelines.
Harassment may occur online or in person. Examples of unacceptable behaviors include:
1. Verbal comments that reinforce oppression related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age or religion (or lack thereof);
2. Imitating or making fun of accents or grammatical errors, or giving unsolicited grammar corrections (but clarifying questions are fine);
3. Verbal threats or demands;
4. Sexualized images in public spaces;
7. Harassing photography or recording;
8. Sustained disruption of sessions or events;
9. Unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention;
10. Drugging food or drink;
12. Enlisting the help of others, whether in person or online, in order to target an attendee;
13. Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
Let someone leave a conversation that makes them uncomfortable, and do not follow people who asked to be left alone. If you discuss difficult topics that may be traumatic for participants, provide warnings so people may leave a conversation or plan coping strategies.
Participants who are asked to stop harassing behaviors are expected to cease immediately. Depending on severity of harassment or repeat offenses, JoopeA staff will respond appropriately, including but not limited to giving warnings or expulsion from the foundation. With the consent of the person being harassed, local authorities will be informed if needed.
We count on everyone – from partner organizations to individuals – to do their part to ensure positive experiences for all members. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of JoopeA management team immediately.
The following individuals are form the JoopeA Code of Conduct Incident Response:
Elham Malekpoor – [email protected]
All reports are confidential. You will not be asked to take actions that make you feel unsafe. Foundation members will be happy to assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe.
JoopeA foundation is trying it’s best to make the world a better. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at anytime for any misconduct.