As you might hear a lot recently, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be enforced on May 25, 2018. This regulation is known as the most restrict data & user privacy protection in 20years. It forces each and every company inside European Union or those who are in any sort of transaction with EU citizens to not to collect users data or protect them with the regulations in the law. In simple words, European Union is enforcing every entity in the world to respect user’s privacy & to do not allow personal data to be stored or tracked with easy to understand way for users to obtain or and delete their collected data in full.
Where do we stand in this?
We at JoopeA believe that these regulations are necessary and even should be enforced earlier than this.
– Direct data collection
We don’t collect or process your personal data with exception of emails & forms that you deliberately fill out such as comments, Pride registration, direct contact to editorial or newsletter sign up. The forms collect your IP along with your data to protect us against threats & spams but nothing more. You are entitled to remove you data at any time by requesting from contact us form or sending email to [email protected].
– Third parties data collection
We use services of Cloudflare, Mailchimp, Bit.ly, etc. and some of Google services such as Youtube, Analytics, AdWords, AdSence and G-Suite for Business. We have blocked all personal-level data in all these services. However, they usually collect public data such as location (regional level), browser brand & version, Operating System & it’s version, etc.
We wish you secure and data protected internet surfing experience… Always!
JoopeA Foundation and all it’s projects are aligned with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We do not save, track nor compile users data in any way except:
- When filling a form for specific activities such as Pride registration, commenting or signing up for newsletters, beside the info that you provide deliberately in the form, we save your IP. This IP is saved only for spam detection and is not being used in any other way. We strongly recommend to use secure VPN always to mask your IP.
- Our websites store Cookies in your browser history. This Cookies are used for spam filtering. However, it’s possible that other harmful tools such as Malwares, data collectors, Security Services or even hackers get advantages of this Cookies to know that you visited our websites. We strongly recommend to set your browser to delete history automatically by every close.
- Third party services such as Google Analytics, Cloudflare DDoS protection, etc. do save your general data such as region, browser brand and version, operating system, time of visit, etc. although we tightened their hands as mush as possible to not to include any personal data. The data these services stores is explained below.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
JoopeA may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
We may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
This document was last updated on April 28, 2018
We are looking for enthusiast & energetic people who are interested in Human Rights & Technology to join our team as IT & web assistant.
Our team is young, innovative with progressive structure. We are weird and love to explore unknown. Yet, all of the team are highly responsible and aligned with our code of conduct. Because it’s essential to not let anyone behind and grow all together. We are looking for a new colleague(s) now who shares the same values.
- Create designs and graphics for websites or print
- Web administrations
- Changes on websites codes
- Daily check of web platform, security vulnerabilities, updates, etc.
- Solve colleagues basic problems with their PCs
Eligibility & Skills:
- Fluent in English
- Experience of working in related field for more than 3 years
- Good in teamwork and ability to work in crowded situation
- Education of MBO, HBO, Bachelor degree or equivalent knowledge
- Be available out of office hours for urgent matters
- High Digital Security skills
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign
- Full knowledge of WordPress CMS administration
- Advanced in HTML and CSS
- Intermediate PHP, MySQL
- Advanced knowledge of Office software
Applicants who are based in Amsterdam or max 50km away and can be present in office during working hours for two days per week (24h/w) or more has priority. But remote work is considered too for those who doesn’t live in the Netherlands.
Nice to have skills:
- Android development
- Intermediate Persian
- Intermediate Dutch
On behalf of Persian-speaking community in the Netherlands and around the world, specially those who are suffering the situation inside the country of Iran, we thank you for your contribution.
You are awesome and we love you!
We encourage all participants to approach the foundation with open and positive attitudes, and to engage constructively with others at all times. It is vital that discussions include many different opinions and experiences, so we do not tolerate any kind of harassment.
We will take action in response to harassment related to national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical characteristics, disability, religion, and age.
Guide to Communication
JoopeA Foundation is an international, multidisciplinary not for profit organization. There will be people speaking multiple languages and using terms from various fields of study. English will often be the language we are using, and people who are fluent English speakers will have an advantage over less fluent English speakers. Persian would be our second common language as JoopeA Group has been raised from Iran originally. JoopeA’s member can provide information in Dutch too.
We encourage all participants to approach the event with open and positive attitudes, and to engage constructively with others at all times.
Please see our full Guide to Communication for details and guidelines.
Harassment may occur online or in person. Examples of unacceptable behaviors include:
1. Verbal comments that reinforce oppression related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age or religion (or lack thereof);
2. Imitating or making fun of accents or grammatical errors, or giving unsolicited grammar corrections (but clarifying questions are fine);
3. Verbal threats or demands;
4. Sexualized images in public spaces;
7. Harassing photography or recording;
8. Sustained disruption of sessions or events;
9. Unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention;
10. Drugging food or drink;
12. Enlisting the help of others, whether in person or online, in order to target an attendee;
13. Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
Let someone leave a conversation that makes them uncomfortable, and do not follow people who asked to be left alone. If you discuss difficult topics that may be traumatic for participants, provide warnings so people may leave a conversation or plan coping strategies.
Participants who are asked to stop harassing behaviors are expected to cease immediately. Depending on severity of harassment or repeat offenses, JoopeA staff will respond appropriately, including but not limited to giving warnings or expulsion from the foundation. With the consent of the person being harassed, local authorities will be informed if needed.
We count on everyone – from partner organizations to individuals – to do their part to ensure positive experiences for all members. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of JoopeA management team immediately.
The following individuals are form the JoopeA Code of Conduct Incident Response:
Elham Malekpoor – [email protected]
All reports are confidential. You will not be asked to take actions that make you feel unsafe. Foundation members will be happy to assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe.
JoopeA foundation is trying it’s best to make the world a better. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at anytime for any misconduct.
JoopeA Foundation is an international, multidisciplinary not for profit organization. There will be people speaking multiple languages and using terms from various fields of study. English will often be the language we are using, and people who are fluent English speakers will have an advantage over less fluent English speakers. Persian would be our second common language as JoopeA Group has been raised from Iran originally. JoopeA’s members can provide information in Dutch too.
We encourage all participants to approach the event with open and positive attitudes, and to engage constructively with others at all times.
Please see our full Code of Conduct for more information.
Together, we can make sure that we don’t miss out on valuable insights from our amazing participants:
1. Speak clearly and at a moderate pace.
2. Be an active listener, and be patient with people who are speaking their second language.
3. Avoid jargon. Assume that people don’t use the same terms, and explain them.
4. Address the idea, don’t attack the person.
5. Disagreements happen; it’s okay to walk away from a conversation that isn’t fruitful or is becoming tense.
6. Your personal choice of technology doesn’t fit all users’ needs. There is space for different devices, software, tools, operating systems, programming languages, and licenses. Focus discussions on tools, whether closed source and commercially supported or open source, on the needs of users.
7. If you do not like a solution someone else is proposing, explain why, and state an alternative.
8. If you aren’t having success on your own, ask for help from the session leader if you are in a session.
Please don’t hesitate to report any misbehavior to [email protected]
It’s nothing new that JoopeA has been active in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Intersex & Queer (LGBTIQ) Rights since beginning.
But sometimes, it’s good it to go through our history and introduce the activities that has been done in our long run.
JoopeA has been established in 2009 in Iran. Unfortunately, restrictions of Iranian Government against LGBTIQ and generally all social activists, made us to work underground for a better society in Iran. Yet, it didn’t stopped us from connecting to our fellow activist groups. JoopeA was one of the first Iranian organizations which became part of ILGA from inside Iran. Below is the certificate of membership from ILGA:
JoopeA has been registered officially in October 2014 in the Netherlands.
There are many many bright & creative ideas here in JoopeA Foundation waiting for an opportunity to shine. But as now, here is a list of projects that came to life so far:
Security & safety are most important elements in our work. This is why some other projects are not listed here.
We are proud to announce that JAssist project website is now officially live!
JAssist (short form for “JoopeA Assists”) is a project that helps small organizations, activist groups and individuals in restricted countries to have their secure website and web services at no costs.
We believe every one on the planet has the right to have a voice. By lowering the risks and costs of having a website for people in restricted countries, we grantee their voice is being heard.
JAssist is small project at the moment and can assists few groups.
If you are interested to make this project bigger to give this opportunity to more people, you can help us by donations or other types of help.